Summer Student / Tourism/Visitor Information Counsellor
Summer Student position: To provide Tourism/Visitor Information Counsellor support services for the Ladysmith Visitor Centre.
Summary of Duties:
- Provide community information to visitors, newcomers and community members (in person, by phone, email etc.
- Record and Track Stats
- Organize and maintain brochure racks and publications
- Maintain facilities in a clean, tidy and organized fashion
- Communicate events and emergency warnings through social media, email, etc.
- Assist with marketing, events, local business
- Work with Volunteers
- Organize, research and update information in brochures, website.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be a student
- Available to work weekends
- Available from May 19/16 to Sept 06/16. Hours will vary from 28 to 35 hours per week
- Excellent communication skills and rapport with the public
- Knowledge of local history, attractions, sights, amenities, recreation, events, businesses
- Complete the Tourism/Visitor Information Counsellor Training program (upon hiring) provided/required by Destination BC
- Strong Computer Skills
- Problem solver and self-starter and comfortable to work unsupervised.
To apply, drop your resume off at the Visitor Centre: 33 Roberts Street, Ladysmith BC.. or email or fax 250-245-2124.