Job Posting | Executive Director
The Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce (LCOC) is currently seeking a new Executive Director (ED). This is a permanent, part-time position at 30 hours per week. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED is responsible for managing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Centre. This includes membership services related to advocacy, recruitment and retention, and business development program planning. The Chamber also currently holds contracts with the Town of Ladysmith for the delivery of Economic Development and Tourism services for the community. The successful candidate will be a strong leader and possess exemplary planning and organizational skills. S/he will need to be a strong communicator and have extensive experience in membership and stakeholder engagement. The ED will have responsibilities related to strategic planning, Board development and support, operations and program management, HR, finance, marketing, and public and media relations.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- University degree in a related field is preferred but not necessary.
- 2 or more years experience in management and or in a proven leadership role in Tourism, Event Planning, and or Marketing is preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively with and support a Board of Directors.
- Strong leadership experience in problem solving, ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with other organizations.
- Strategic planning and implementation as well as strong written and oral skills.
- Proven track record in successfully acquiring, implementing, and reporting grant-funded programs.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the Selection Committee by any of the following means:
- By Email to firstname.lastname@example.org including Attention Selection Committee in the Subject line.
- By Mail: Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce Attn: Selection Committee P.O. Box 598, Ladysmith, BC V9G 1A4
- Drop Off at 33 Roberts Street, Ladysmith, BC
- Deadline for application: Friday, October 15, 2021