The week of February 15-19 has been set aside to recognize the province’s more than 125 chambers of commerce for the work they do year-round and the leadership that chambers demonstrate in their local communities.
Representing more than 36,000 businesses throughout the province, B.C. chambers of commerce and their influential network are a true voice for B.C.’s business community. They help businesses develop and grow, and by giving businesses the support they need, B.C.’s chambers help to advance economic development and job creation in our province making British Columbia one of the most successful, business-friendly jurisdictions in Canada.
Locally the Ladysmith Chamber works hard to promote the success of the local business community. Some of the key programs and activities offered by the Ladysmith Chamber include:
- Advocacy for business-friendly policy and programs at the local level as well as provincially and nationally through our affiliation with the BC Chamber..
- Provision of business development programs including marketing opportunities and education/information events.
- Promotion of business contacts and collaboration through our networking and social events.
- Discount programs for business like employee benefits, merchant services, payroll programs and more.
- Operation of the Visitor Centre for the community through funding from the Town of Ladysmith.
- Referral of local businesses in response to inquiry by the general public and tourists.
- Provision of several online tools (in partnership with the Town of Ladysmith) including websites and social media platforms that promote the tourism and investment opportunities in the community as well as an online events calendar and business directory.
- The Chamber also supports the community in many ways including through hosting All Candidates Forums, administering the Transfer Beach Food Truck Program, issuing marriage licences and more.
If you would like to learn more about the Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce please don’t hesitate to contact the office. 250-245-2112 | email@example.com | 33 Roberts Street