WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2022
6:00PM – 8:30PM
6:00pm Doors Open
6:30-8:30pm Candidates Forum
The event will be recorded and available for viewing via YouTube for those not able to attend.
You are invited to attend Municipal Candidates Forum hosted by the Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce. Hear directly from candidates for City Council and Mayor in live discussion, answering questions and sharing their perspectives and priorities for Ladysmith ahead of the municipal election. This non-partisan event is FREE & Everyone Welcome
*Have a question you want asked to the candidates?
For your convenience please use this Written Question Form to submit a written question that may be directed by the moderator to a candidate.
Instructions and Procedures
- Please write your question legibly and within the space provided. Your question should be clear and concise and stand by itself (i.e. not require background information, qualifying statement or opinion).
- Indicate which candidate you would like to respond to your question by circling their name on the back of this form.
- Submit your question at the Welcome Desk near the front door, by email or drop it off at the Chamber Office prior to the event day.
- Volunteers will collect; review; group and rephrase similar questions into one comprehensive question; and prioritize questions (by frequency that question was posed by audience members).
- Please note that, due to time constraints, there is no assurance that your question will be asked. For this reason there will be a “Meet and Greet” session after the formal agenda so you can ask the question yourself. The contact information for all candidates is included in the Program should you choose to follow up with a candidate following the forum. Finally, if you choose to leave your contact information on the back of this form, your question will be forwarded to the candidate selected by you. (Even if that candidate is not present at the forum.)
On Saturday, October 15, 2022 Ladysmith residents will vote for (1) Mayor, (6) Councillors.
For more information about the Municipal Election click here.