In the final week of the 2020 provincial election, we asked the BC MindReader community – what are the most important issues your business is facing this election? What areas demand government focus and attention?
Here’s What You Told Us
The majority of members (53%) say the cost of doing business was the biggest factor hurting business this election.
- Other top factors hurting business include skill of the labour pool available (30%), availability of workers (30%), and provincial business regulations (30%).
- The top issues for business in this election were:
- Healthcare, safety, and mental health (44%);
- Support for small business and reducing red tape (44%);
- Jobs and employment (44%);
- Housing affordability and availability (42%); and
- Environment and climate change (40%).
- 63% of businesses support a PST rebate on machinery and equipment.
- The most helpful tax measures to help businesses during recovery are reducing the PST (41%), and increasing the exemption threshold on the EHT (41%).
If you’re interested in additional breakdowns, we have deep dives available for: