The Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Centre is accepting resumes for the 2017 Summer Season.
Position: Temporary part-time to full-time position during the summer from June until early September. A strong knowledge of the Ladysmith Area would be an asset. Applicants must be available to work weekends, was a full time student in 2016/17 and planning on returning as a full-time student in the fall of 2017.
To provide Visitor Information Counselor support services for the Ladysmith Visitor Centre.
Summary of Duties:
- Provide community information to visitors, newcomers and community members (in person, by phone, email etc).
- Record and Track Stats
- Organize and maintain brochure racks and publications
- Maintain facilities in a clean, tidy and organized fashion
- Communicate events and emergency warnings through social media, email, etc.
- Assist with marketing, events, local business
- Work with Volunteers
- Organize, research and update information in brochures, website.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be a full time student in the 2016/17 school year and have plans to return in the fall. Available to work weekends
- Available ASAP to Sept 04/17. Hours will vary from 28 to 35 hours per week (July & August 5 days a week)
- Excellent communication skills and rapport with the public
- Knowledge of local history, attractions, sights, amenities, recreation, events, businesses
- Complete the Tourism/Visitor Information Counselor Training program (upon hiring) provided/required by Destination BC at no cost.
- Strong Computer Skills
- Problem solver and self-starter and comfortable to work unsupervised.
Wage: $12.00 per hour.
Deadline: Open until position has been filled. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Please apply with resumes to:
In Person: Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Centre, 33 Roberts Street, Ladysmith, BC.
Or by Email: email@example.com