Like millions of people across the globe, the BC Chamber of Commerce is appalled at the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the humanitarian tragedy that continues to unfold. We express our solidarity with the Ukrainian people and the Ukrainian business community during these tragic times for their country.
While the conflict is far from Canada, many of us feel compelled to help. For those who would like to help, I encourage you to visit How businesses and Canadians can help Ukraine, a curated list of resources and information sources developed by our colleagues at the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
- For individuals or groups seeking to provide humanitarian assistance in Ukraine please contact Global Affairs at IHA-Ukraine@international.gc.ca
- For those interested in volunteering their time/expertise in support of Ukrainians affected by the war in Ukraine, you can also share your information with the Ukrainian Canadian Congress here.
- The Canada-Ukraine Chamber of Commerce is working with the Ukrainian Canadian Congress to help provide job placements for Ukrainians who are arriving in Canada. If you are aware of open positions within your network and would like to assist with this or other related matters, please contact Olha Mandyuk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To get in touch directly with your local Ukrainian community, the Canada-Ukraine Chamber of Commerce has indicated that you can contact your respective (or nearest) provincial chapter of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress. In British Columbia, please email email@example.com
- If you would like to ensure that the marketing funds of your organization are not supporting Russia or Belarus, please contact Scott Knox at the Institute of Canadian Agencies at firstname.lastname@example.org
As the situation evolves and Canada begins to welcome more refugees from Ukraine, we will keep you apprised of any role that the national and provincial chamber networks might play to help settle those individuals and families in communities across our country.
President and CEO