- This event has passed.
Rod Run Ladysmith
August 19, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
FRIDAY, AUGUST 19TH
LADYSMITH A&W – CHEMAINUS (AND BACK)
Our second event, is our annual Rod Run which takes place on the evening of Friday the 19th August 2022, the night before the Ladysmith Show ‘n Shine on the 20th. The route ambles through Ladysmith, down to Chemainus and back. This is a big event and will have live music, roller skaters, and lots of amazing prizes donated by all our local car enthusiasts and local businesses.
The run will start at 7 pm and conclude at about 9 pm.
Ladysmith Rod Run
Please meet in the A&W Ladysmith from 5pm. The run will start at 7 p.m. Look for the
Section 1: (North and Central Ladysmith)
• Turn left out of the A&W parking lot onto Beale Rd and again left onto Highway 1
• Keep to the right lane, if possible, to allow other drivers to get by.
• Turn right onto Grouhel Rd and again right onto Christie Rd – into the Diamond we go!
• Next, turn left onto Pictou Rd, which becomes Grouhel Rd again.
• Right on Christie and up the hill.
• Once you hit 4th Ave you turn left.
• A quick right turn on Walkem, which becomes Colonia Dr.
• Follow Colonia Dr up the hill to Malone, where you turn left.
• At the bottom of Malone, a quick jinx right on 6th and left onto Roberts St.
• Turn left on 4th Ave and head to the steep hill, Symonds St, where you turn right and
head down the hill.
• At the roundabout, we will turn right to head up the ‘Greatest Street in Canada’, 1st Ave!
• You continue along 1st Ave as it turns into Dogwood Dr, all the way to the Davis Rd Tjunction.
Section 2: (South Ladysmith and beyond)
• At Davis Rd T-junction, turn right and follow it all the way to the Highway.
• For a change we will head right on the Highway to Henry Rd in Chemainus, at the COOP Gas Station.
• Turn left on Henry Rd.
• At the roundabout take the third exit (Left) to head down the main street in Chemainus
the A1 (Chemainus Rd)
• Follow Chemainus Rd all the way through Saltair to the Highway again where you will
turn right to head back to the A&W for some amazing prizes. Whoop Whoop!