Due to an unfortunate series of events the Transfer Beach Food Truck Concession will end the 2017 season effective immediately. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We would like to thank all of you for your patronage over the summer, we hope you enjoyed the service and would love to hear your comments. We hope to see you all again next summer.
For more information on the Transfer Beach Food Truck Concession or to apply to be a Vendor in 2018 please contact the Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce 250-245-2112.
To learn more about our participating food trucks please visit their Facebook pages at:
- Thunder’s Truck: https://www.facebook.com/Thunderstruckfoodtruck/ (Classic Diner Food and more!)
- TayRex: https://www.facebook.com/Tayrexfoodtruck-585673441560909/ (Tasty Mexican Street food, fresh daily)
- VI Minis & Dips: https://www.facebook.com/viminisanddips/ (The best mini donuts and coffees on Vancouver Island)
- Bob’s Icecream Plus: http://www.bobsicecream.com/ (All your favourites! Cones, Shakes, Lemonade & More..)
- Mini Pierogis: https://www.facebook.com/Minnie-Pierogis-331377467310812/ (Simply the best Pierogis, Poutine Pierogis, Pierogy Hot Dogs, Curry Pierogis and more!)
Ladysmith foodies and Transfer Beach visitors will have a variety of new meal options with the launch of a new Food Truck Concession Service at Transfer Beach Park. The Food Truck Concession launched May 20, 2017 and will operate daily from 11am to 7pm until September. A variety of food trucks will participate providing a wide assortment of menu items including burritos and wraps, salads, hotdogs and hamburgers, curry dishes, ice cream, milk shakes, mini doughnuts and more.
The Food Truck Concession is being administered by the Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Town of Ladysmith. The Town is providing the space and the hookups while the Chamber is scheduling and managing the daily program. “It makes so much sense for the Town and the Chamber to work together and bring a whole new level of food options and experiences to Transfer Beach,” said Mayor Aaron Stone. “The food trucks will appeal to locals and visitors alike, offering something for everyone, from adventurous eaters to those looking for an ice cream cone beside the ocean on a hot sunny day. I can’t wait to try the menus!”
The Food Truck Concession will feature a growing list of trucks including local favourites like TayRex, Thunderstruck, Bob’s Ice Cream, and VI Minis & Dips. “The Chamber of Commerce is thrilled to be adding this new feature to the Transfer Beach experience,” said Mark Drysdale, Executive Director of the Chamber. “Imagine enjoying your lunch hour away from the office with some delicious gourmet street food with your back to a tree and your toes in the grass or a no-fuss, no-bother, no-dishes dinner with the kids at the park with a romp in the playground and a dip in the water. What could be better.”