Date: Sunday May 28, 2017
Show and Sale at ‘Aggie’ Hall (1st Ave. & Symonds St.): Hall Open: 8:45 am–2:30 pm
Garden Tour Tickets: Advance: $15 Day of Tour: $20 (includes garden pass, program and map. Breakfast (8:45 -10:30) Tickets $5 (Optional)
High Tea (11:30 – 14:00) Tickets $5 (optional)
Garden Tour Tickets available at Aggie Hall on Tour Day, or in advance from Ladysmith Rotarians,
Nancy’s Fashion or the 49th Parallel Grocery in Ladysmith and Dig This in Nanaimo.
- The Rotary Club of Ladysmith will be hosting their 19th Annual Garden Tour on Sunday, May 28, 2017. Nine local gardens, ranging from acreages in Yellow Point and Cedar to home gardens of varying size in Ladysmith will be open for self-directed tours from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Come and enjoy enticing boulevard plantings, formal gardens, natural settings with ponds, hardscaping to enhance streams and waterfalls, berry and vegetable beds, and glorious flowers, shrubs, and trees. A great experience for gardeners at all skill levels!
- Master Gardeners Two professionally trained gardeners from the community will be at the Ladysmith Agricultural Hall during the morning of the tour to answer your gardening questions.
- Watch an artist at work! Local artists will be present at most gardens to enhance your viewing experience and answer your questions about their creations and techniques.
- While picking up your garden pass and map at the “Aggie” Hall, take time to visit our Garden Bower to enjoy a sumptuous continental breakfast or our special “High Tea” for only $5.00 each!
- Local home and garden-related businesses will offer their products for sale at Aggie Hall from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Booths with B.C. handicrafts will also be on display. Enter their free draws!
- A video presentation produced by Frank Elsom on the theme “Ladysmith Gardens and Flowers” will run continuously at Aggie Hall. Live music will also be featured in the Garden Bower.
- Don’t forget to buy your Garden Tour Raffle Tickets! The popular raffle features 3 great prizes: a pair of Bill Hutchinson cedar lawn chairs, a cedar love seat and a large patio umbrella. Raffle tickets are available now from Ladysmith Rotary members and at the Hall on the day of the Garden Tour. NOTE: Raffle Draw: 1.30 pm at Aggie Hall.
The Rotary Garden Tour is a wonderful opportunity for gardeners of all skill levels to visit and admire gardens otherwise unavailable to them. Many visitors will benefit by finding fresh ideas and renewed enthusiasm for their own gardens. The tour has been carefully constructed so that there is ample time for you to visit all 9 gardens. Just follow directions on the map provided!
There will be a large local area map at Aggie Hall – as well as someone there to help you plan your garden visits. PS. Don’t forget to bring your camera, water and sunscreen!
Call Ed Nicholson at 250-924-3402 or email email@example.com for more information.