Ladysmith Festival of Lights! From the last Thursday in November until the first Sunday in January, Ladysmith is ignited with the life of thousands of twinkling Christmas lights.
The Ladysmith Kinsmen Light Up Parade kicks the Festival off – the next one is on Thursday, November 30th, 2017.
Are you excited, it’s back! On Thursday, November 30th, it’s the 30th Ladysmith Light Up, kicking off the 6-week Festival of Lights.
First Avenue will be CLOSED TO TRAFFIC from 3:00 pm until after Light Up. There will be shuttle buses from Transfer Beach
and the churches at the north end of 4th Avenue.
WE ALSO ASK THAT PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT BRING PETS DOWNTOWN FOR LIGHT UP (Ladysmith by-law 1554 Sect, 14(a).
- 3:00 pm: Community Spaghetti Dinner @ Eagles Hall (adults are $8; children under 8 are $5)
- 3:00 pm: Christmas Craft Fair at Aggie Hall (north First Ave.)
- 4:00 pm: Street entertainment and food concessions
- 4:00 pm to 6:15 pm: Entertainment on stage in downtown Ladysmith and in front of Aggie Hall
- 6:30 pm: Santa arrives downtown to Light-Up Ladysmith!
- 6:45 pm: Kinsmen Parade along First Avenue to Aggie Hall
After the Parade, at Aggie Hall…
- Bob Stuart Park and Aggie Hall light up
- Chuck Perrin Christmas Tree presented by the Nanaimo Airport Commission
- Spectacular fireworks presented by the Ladysmith & District Credit Union