In conjunction with the Town of Ladysmith and the Ladysmith Downtown Business Association, the Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce is helping to organize a Business Walk 2016 on Wednesday, June 22, 2016.
A “Business Walk” is a day dedicated to learning more about our local businesses through face-to-face interviews on their turf. Volunteer teams will be going door to door from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm and they will be asking business owners or managers a few questions about their businesses. All information will be kept strictly confidential. By taking the time to answer just a few questions, these folks will be providing valuable information that area support agencies (like the Town, Chamber and LDBA) will use to develop programs and services to support and help grow our local businesses.
We are looking for volunteers to take part in this important event. If you are able to help from 1:00 to 4:00 on Wednesday, June 22, please contact Mark Drysdale, who is organizing the Chamber’s volunteer effort. He can be reached at 250.245.2112, or by email . If you’re a business owner, please make sure you are available in your establishment on Wednesday, June 22nd so you can be a part of this important event and your voice can be heard.
What is a Business Walks and Why Do It?
During Business Walk 2016, local leaders and key community stakeholders will visit a large number of businesses with the goal of gathering knowledge we need to help our business community and strengthen relationships. From this starting point, there will be ongoing events and reporting to help keep everyone up to date and inspired and, in turn, to foster a stronger and friendlier business climate.
We are designing the Business Walk Program to:
- Understand the issues and opportunities of our existing business community
- Quickly diagnose businesses on the brink of greatness or that may be at risk
- Build long lasting and effective working relationships between decision makers and local businesses
- Increase awareness of the programs and services offered by the community, the Town, Chamber of Commerce, Ladysmith Downtown Business Association and other partners.
- Recognize the impact and value that we place in our local businesses
- Identify those businesses that may need help
- Track the state of the local business community over time
- Provide local businesses with access to information that can help them grow and expand locally